Last updated February 20, 2023
At Green Olive Soaps, we care deeply about your privacy. There are national and international privacy standards relating to personal data processing and use, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to which Green Olive Soaps adheres.
We practice and believe in transparency. We’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices including how we treat your personal information. We know you care about your privacy too, so we provide settings that allow you to choose how certain pertinent information is used by Green Olive Soaps.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
You may provide us with personal data when you:
* create an account with Green Olive Soaps; or
* edit or add to personal data attached to your account details after your account has been created; or
* indirectly create an account with Green Olive Soaps; or
* request or purchase goods or services from us; or
* contact us by any method, such as telephone, email, post, facsimile or in person; or
* correspond via our site, either with one of our staff or with another site user
Personal data you provide that we store may include, but not be limited to; your email address, your name, your country, your address, other contact details, your business name, the last four digits of your credit card and your credit card expiration date. There may be additional information deemed personal data provided by you in briefs, on blogs or in comments or in interactions with other site users or otherwise while using our site, which is stored in our databases. This data may be monitored by us for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of abuse is suspected.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not sell or rent your personal data to any other company, organization or person. When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. “Cookies” are used to allow the website to function, to collect useful information about visitors and to help make your user experience better. Cookies enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally, but it does identify your computer.For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, but not limited to, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Personal data and information collected by us may be used for the following purposes:
* to create an account for you on Green Olive Soaps;
* to process your requests for goods or services;
* to notify you of changes to our goods or services;
* to send email or SMS notifications for special promotions or offers conducted by us;
* to conduct marketing activities and to conduct market research;
* to respond to your questions or suggestions;
* to protect the security and integrity of the marketplace for all users and prevent fraudulent use of our services;
* to improve the quality of our goods or service and the quality of your visit to the website;
* to diagnose problems with our sites and services;
* to provide informational materials to our communities, such as newsletters;
* for data analytics, particularly supporting the purposes described above
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing, retargeting, and advertising campaigns).
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES
Green Olive Soaps does receive some information from third parties, which is appended to the supplied and collected data. In order to use IP addresses effectively for fraud prevention purposes, location and other data related to the users IP address is received and stored. Further, in order to gain an additional data point for fraud checks as well as ensuring our marketing and customer service interactions are well received by our Clients, we use third parties to append names to email addresses. This allows us to match names for fraud and deliver appropriately addressed correspondence. When payments are processed by our payment processors, some information is provided back to Green Olive Soaps including a payment transaction reference number and any information relating to chargebacks and disputes. This information is critical to Green Olive Soaps being able to accurately record all financial data and deal with Client queries and disputes.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Woocommerce to power our online store–you can read more about how Woocommerce uses your Personal Information here:
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Additionally, we also use your date for remarketing, targeted and behavioral advertising. We use the following social media platforms which shares your personal information: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Google, and Linked In. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by the following common links: FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/enus/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Purchases ARE NOT to be made unless you are 18 years or older.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.